Friday 27 February 2015

The Love Affair Continues......Shoppers Drug Mart

The sun was shining and I needed to purchase some stamps for work, so I stopped in at my favorite Shoppers Drug Mart.  There's nothing better than being able to score a few great deals at the same time as completing your errands for work.  I quick stop at their postal station in the back of the store and I was free to pick up a few things.

Once again Shoppers had some great deals this week.  The deals are even better when you match them up with coupons!  I was able to get a few really great deals by using some coupons I had on hand as well as a few of the weekly coupons that are emailed to me by Shoppers.

Royale Tiger Towels Paper Towels - Regularly retailing for around $5.99, this week they were advertised for $3.99.  There is currently a contest running at www.royalepromotions.ca where you have an opportunity to win a variety of products.  There is also an "instant win" game you can play.  I was lucky enough to "win" during the instant win game and received a $3.00 Royale Tiger Towels coupon that was available to print.  You know what that means.......paper towel for $0.99!

U by Kotex Tampons - I have a picky daughter who will ONLY use this brand of feminine hygiene products.  The couponer in me cringes when I see other brands go for better deals, but that just makes my donations to the women's center even better.  Regularly priced at $5.99 for the 18pk, this week they were featured for $4.99.  One of my weekly emailed coupons was for $3.00 off ANY tampons!  I was able to pick up a box for $1.99!!

Pledge - This handy little cleaner is a pricey one, retailing at $7.49.  This week it was a great sale at $3.99 per can.  How happy was I to discover that my online couponing app "SnapSaves" had an offer of $4.00 rebate for one can of Pledge (limit of one per transaction)?  The put one penny IN my pocket before taxes!

I was stopped by one of the lovely sales associates as I was shopping to direct my attention to a section in the store of clearance priced items. Wishing I had my coupons with me....I saw some amazing deals that I couldn't pass up!  Herbal Essence Shampoo with bonus Dry Shampoo retails for $5.49.  Shoppers clearance was $1.25 each when you purchase 2!  Honest!  $1.25!  Herbal Essence Conditioner (the big 500ml bottles) regularly $5.99 was on clearance for $1.12 each when you purchase 2!  So I purchased 2 bottles of shampoo, 2 bottles of conditioner, received two bottles of dry shampoo as a bonus, and paid $4.74! Before your jaw hits the ground.....wait....it gets better!  Another online couponing app, Checkout 51, currently has an offer for $2.00 rebate when you purchase one bottle of Herbal Essence Shampoo AND one bottle of Herbal Essence Conditioner!  There is a limit of one rebate per week.......BUT.....that means I purchased SIX bottles of hair products for a grand total of $2.74 before taxes!  That's $0.46 a bottle!

Last but not least is a regular deal at Shoppers and one I use often.  My email coupon was $0.49 for any Campbells soup.  Regularly priced at $2.29, I saved $1.80 by using this coupon. I use this soup in lots of recipes or simply with a grilled cheese sandwich.  I also bought a bag of Jelly Belly Valentine Jelly Beans (don't judge me, it was lunchtime and I was huuuungry!).  These were regularly priced at $4.99 but were on clearance for $1.00.  I have a weakness for gourmet jelly beans so in my opinion, it was $1.00 well spent!

To summarize, if I had bought all of these products at regular price, not taking advantage of sales or coupons, my total would have been $54.28.  By taking advantage of sale prices and still not using any coupons or discounts, I would have lowered my costs to an impressive $23.25.  With taking advantage of sales, coupons and discounts, my grand total today was $8.73.  That is a savings of 84% from regular price, and 62% off the sale price.

Happy Shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment