Friday 6 February 2015

Feeling Fresh with $0.87 in my Pocket!

What a nice way to end my evening last night!  A spontaneous shop that actually put money IN my pocket!  After I picked my daughter up from work, we swung by Walmart to rent a movie from the Redbox machine.  I had a coupon for a free rental from completing a survey for them and with yesterday's announcement that they are pulling out of Canada on Feb 13th, I wanted to make sure it didn't go to waste.  We like to wander around Walmart and see what is new and exciting and it was also an opportunity for me to check out some prices before my weekend grocery shop.  I'm really glad we did!
For some reason, whether it is discontinued products, new packaging, making room, etc.....there are a lot of different things on clearance right now in my local Walmart.  The regular couponer will always suggest you to try to match up these clearance priced items with coupons available and really save yourself some money!  Here is what I purchased:

Now I will quickly explain costs, coupons and savings I managed to get.  Here are the prices and what coupons/savings I managed to get:

Dove Body Wash - Regular Price $3.47 ($3.88 after taxes) - $2.00 coupon I printed from Smartsource.ca - $2.00 online rebate from Checkout 51.  Final Price $(0.12)

Clear Men 2-in-1 Shampoo - Clearance Price $1.00 ($1.12 after taxes) -$2.00 online rebate Checkout 51.  Final Price $(0.88)

Pantene Heat Shield Shampoo - Clearance Price $1.00 ($1.12 after taxes) - $1.00 Proctor & Gamble coupon (newspaper insert)  Final Price $0.12

Speed Stick Gear Deoderant - Regular Price $4.96 ($5.55 after taxes) - Full Mail-in Rebate Offer from Red Plum newspaper insert (they will reimburse me by cheque for the cost of the deoderant PLUS all taxes) - $5.55 Final Price - FREE

Total Out of Pocket (or I guess in this case, IN my pocket!) - ($.88)

My mom will be thrilled to find out that she gets some more Dove Body Wash!  She loves it when I surprise her with items!



No comments:

Post a Comment