Friday 20 February 2015

Shoppers Drug Mart - My loyalty you will forever have

My love affair with Shoppers Drug Mart began many years ago simply by chance.  It was a new store that had opened up in my town and it was convenient to fill my prescriptions there.  Due to some major health issues in my family, I tend to be at Shoppers a LOT.  On any given week, I will be in Shoppers Drug Mart for one reason or another 2-3 times.

What I never expected was the amazing customer service each and every time I walk through the doors.  I have never felt like a bother or inconvenience.  I have had specialty items brought in just for me and I have had phone calls at home to remind me or notify me of something they thought I should know.  They know and embrace the fact that I am a couponer......patiently sorting and entering each coupon or opening another till to keep lineups at a minimum.  I have had store clerks find me in the store to let me know of an item that may have just been put on clearance that I hadn't noticed!  They celebrate my savings and help me find the best ways to keep my family healthy and happy.  I cannot tell you enough how lucky I am to be a customer at their store.

Shortly after they opened, Shoppers Drug Mart introduce their Shoppers Optimum program.  With their store card, you receive 10 points for every dollar spent at their store (excluding gift certificates, tobacco, and gambling). You also accumulate points on your prescriptions!  Yeehaw!  Once you reach various levels of points, you can cash them in for store product (excluding the same restrictions).  Points redemption levels are as follows:

8,000 points = $10
22,000 points = $30
38,000 points = $60
50,000 points = $85
95,000 points = $170

Those points?  You can cash them in on almost anything.  Need milk and bread and it's still three days till payday?  No problem!  Need to buy the family stocking stuffers that seem to add up so quickly?  Done!  Does your daughter long for a special perfume that is out of your budget but you know exactly how she would react seeing it on her birthday?  Do it!  Even better, the store holds promotions over the year when they actually give you MORE than your points are normally worth!  (ex. at Christmas there will be a "bonus" redemption where your 50,000 points will be worth $100.00 instead of the usual $85.00)

Shoppers will also host a variety of sales that will give you the opportunity to accumulate your points faster. A regular occurrence is to receive 20x the points when you spend a minimum of $50.00 or more before taxes.  If you sign up online to monitor your Shoppers Optimum card, you will also get bonus points simply for signing up!

You can also opt in to have special offers emailed to you on a weekly basis.  These are limited to one per transaction, but you are able to do multiple transactions throughout the week.  Just remember to break them up into separate orders.

I had some great email coupon offers this week and I thought I would show how you can save money with just a little bit of time and only a couple of coupons.

Coupon 1 - Get ANY Campbell's Soup and pay $0.49
I chose a can of Reduced Fat Cream of Chicken Soup as my family uses this all the time in recipes or to have on rainy nights with grilled cheese sandwiches
Regular Price - $2.29
My Price - $0.49
Savings - $1.80

Coupon 2 - Pay $1.30 when you buy ANY eggs
These coupons are great because they don't specify what type of eggs you must buy.  Ever wanted to know what free range organic eggs tasted like but couldn't afford it?  You can now! This time I chose Burnbrae Large Brown Eggs
Regular Price - $3.99
My Price - $1.30
Saved - $2.69

I also picked up a package of Chips Ahoy Ice Cream Flavors (Chocolate Chip Mint) cookies that were on sale for $1.99.  I snapped a picture of my receipt for my online couponing app "Checkout 51" that will reimburse me $1.25 for one package of those cookies this week.
Sale Price - $1.99
My Price - $0.74
Savings - $1.25

The total regular price of those three items had I not used any coupons would have been $8.27.  Using my coupons and taking advantage of on online coupon offer, my cost was $2.53.....saving me a total of $5.74 or 71%

No comments:

Post a Comment